Friday 6 April 2012

Immigration Forms

With news that Thailand is introducing automatic passport gates for Thai nationals and doing away with the TM6 form for them, I thought it time to write on my experience at Kuala Lumpur immigration last week.
On arrival I asked for an immigration form, then saw a small sign saying they weren't needed.  I took my place in the line and once at the desk handed over the passport.
It was scanned and then I was asked to place my index fingers on a scanner.  A small sticker, with detachable part was stuck in the passport and stamped.
On exit the passport and sticker were scanned, removable section torn out and that was it.

I also noted that Bangkok airport has finally introduced a single queue at immigration, like most airports and you wind your way forward.  No more pot luck of which queue you choose

No comments:

Post a Comment